Re: icc profile for photoshop

Jordan Soles <jor...@...>

I don't even know if this is of any use at all (since my programming skills in Photoshop is very limited), but we wrote a little script that allows you to toggle between two ICC profiles by just using a shortcut key...I would be happy to send it out if anyone needs it.

As it stands, I built a crazy little pipeline where:
- we enter the 3D-Lut in shotgun
- a shotgun event automatically kicks off an ocio generation of the ICC profile (for the shot, seq, or show)
- when you open a PSD file, a script parses the filename and loads the correct ICC profile for that image

I am always in debt to OCIO as it has made our color pipeline so much easier to manage.

Jordan

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:19 PM, Andrew Britton <andrew.d...@...> wrote:
No worries! I just had to solve this icc/Photoshop issue at CBS to make sure current color pipeline works for our matte department.

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
We would love it if you could write it up and post it to the list, thanks!

Extra credit if you update the OCIO docs code. (If you dont know how
to do this, you can at least submit an OCIO github issue from the web
interface, with the docs update contained in the message.)

Thanks!

-- Jeremy

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Andrew Britton
<andrew.d...@...> wrote:
> There are one, or two, more steps that need to be performed in Photoshop so
> that you can see the .icc in action. Unfortunately these aren't documented
> on the link.
> I can write it up and email it if you're interested.
>
> Andrew
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 11, 2012, at 4:06 AM, dbr/Ben <dbr....@...> wrote:
>
> That's correct! This guide should hopefully explain everything:
>
> http://opencolorio.org/userguide/baking_luts.html#icc-profiles-photoshop
>
> If you have access to a Linux machine, you could run ociobakelut on that,
> then copy the ICC profile to the Windows machine.
>
> It's definitely possible to build on Windows, but building on Linux (or OS
> X) can be easier - it's been documented, and more widely tested
>
> On 11/12/2012, at 10:20 PM, singha...@... wrote:
>
> I am to compile ocio for windows. Before i do that certain questions crop in
> my mind.
>
> correct me if i am wrong. Going thru the notes. I understand that to view
> images in a color space in photoshop I need to make icc profile.
> and that too using ociobakelut.
>
> iow, after compiling ocio for windows, one of the products ociobakelut will
> help create this icc profile from command line.
>
> Is that it to it or is there something more. How exactly does this process
> go.
>
> --
>

> --
>

> --