Re: Considering OCIO --> ASWF

Sebastian Sylwan <syl...@...>

Thumbs firmly up from me as well.

FWIW, OCIO was one of the case studies that the VES Tech committee brought to the ASWF discussion as deep dive examples, so the ASWF structure was in a way biased to address what was identified as useful to these projects (as many of you already know).

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 4:47 AM Kevin Wheatley <kevin.j....@...> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Steve Agland <sag...@...> wrote:
> Thumbs up from me. Another reason I see is that in my mind the Academy's ACES config is now the de facto "reference implementation" for OCIO and it makes sense to have them living closer together.

Whilst I agree with the reasoning, I think it is better to be clear
that there is no hard commitment for the ACES work to be moved under
ASWF, there was discussion about this at the ACES next BoF but I got
the feeling that people thought the ASWF was emphasizing  the Software
side of things for the moment and ACES covers larger concerns, and
thus was a 'not yet'.

That said the last ASWF TAC meeting did bring up discussion over none
software artefacts.

Also to add to Larry's point about who is/would be driving things, you
can find out yourself by simply participating in the public calls (I
just listen in).

Kevin

Join ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io to automatically receive all group messages.