Re: pyOCIO Windows compilation error against Python36

Renaud Talon <renau...@...>

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your suggestions, I did look into your diff files but I couldn’t find anything that’s not already added to the current versions of the files.

I got it to compile with Windows 10 / Python 3.6 – Visual Studio 2015, by changing the following line in “pyUtil.h” (line 65):

from :

  #define MOD_INIT(name) PyMODINIT_FUNC EXPORT_SYMBOL PyInit_##name(void)

to:

  #define MOD_INIT(name) EXPORT_SYMBOL PyMODINIT_FUNC PyInit_##name(void)

I did get a warning message though but the compilation process went through and the “.pyd” file was generated.

I’m honestly no C++ expert so I’m not sure if this makes sense but it seems to work. I need to run further testing next week to confirm but so far so good.

Thanks again,

Renaud