Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Since our next meeting is cancelled due to the holiday, wanted to provide some updates via email
1) Mailing lists
As you probably saw, I have setup the new mailing lists for the project on groups.io
. The lists are:
- Private TSC discussion list for sensitive matters ( such legal concerns, committer approval, and conduct issues ).
I'd propose the following next steps ( open to your guidance on timing )
- Announce to the existing groups about the migration, driving users to signup to the new lists ( I'd suggest this versus migrating the users over to help pare down any dormant mailing lists subscriptions ). Group members can be redirected to https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-dev
to sign up to the new lists.
- After a week, send another notice to the group announce a firm shutdown date of the old Google Groups - suggest another week.
- After the shutdown date - LF IT will migrate the previous Google Groups archives into the groups.io
Let me know thoughts on the proposed.
2) Domain transfer
Larry is working with our team here - Larry let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
3) Code scan
Steve Winslow will be sharing the more detailed report in the coming days. I also wanted to check on where the discussion on moving the dependency artifacts to Nexus lies ( and for that matter what to do about dependencies that are no longer maintained ).
4) Meeting notices and cadence
As mentioned, tomorrow's meeting is CANCELLED. I'm working to get Micheal Dolan the credentials for a OpenColorIO community use account. Once that is setup, I'll work with Micheal to take over the meeting invites going forward. Look for a new meeting notice coming soon.
Let me know if anyone has questions or concerns, or if there is anything I'm missing.
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project