Re: Shot luts and different monitor calibrations

Sloan, Blake

Hello Simon,

Displays don’t appear to be doing much work in the nuke-default and ACES configs. The spi-anim config has an example of how Display can be used to partition ones Views by the type of display (projector, sRGB monitor).

Getting back to your question about Looks, I’ve never tried to set the colorspace using an environment variable.

Creating Views for each display calibration using the Display key might be the best approach:

displays:

       Monitor:

- !<View> {name: Grade, colorspace: Output - sRGB, looks: PreGrade_LUT | nolook}

       Projector:

- !<View> {name: Grade, colorspace: Output - P3D65, looks: PreGrade_LUT | nolook}

Hope I have not steered you too far off-course.

-blake

From: <ocio-dev@...> on behalf of "Simon Björk via lists.aswf.io" <bjork.simon=gmail.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 6:51 AM
To: "ocio-dev@..." <ocio-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [ocio-dev] Shot luts and different monitor calibrations

Or is the recommended way to use Displays for this and then filter out the list based on the ACTIVE_DISPLAYS environment variable?

Related to that, why does the ACES config only have a single display called ACES?

Thanks!

/Simon

-------------------------------

Simon Björk

Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503

Den ons 25 nov. 2020 kl 13:40 skrev Simon Björk via lists.aswf.io <bjork.simon=gmail.com@...>:

I'm trying to build a config that has a shot lut applied as a look. It all works well with:

 - !<View> {name: Grade, colorspace: Output - sRGB, looks: PreGrade_LUT | nolook}

However, I need this to support different monitors calibrations, not just sRGB. Do I need to create different views for each display?

- !<View> {name: Grade - rec.709, colorspace: Output - Rec.709, looks: PreGrade_LUT | nolook}

I thought I could use environment variables to change this dynamically, but it doesn't seem to work:

- !<View> {name: Grade, colorspace: ${DEFAULT_VIEW}, looks: PreGrade_LUT | nolook}

Any suggestions?

Simon Björk

Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503