Re: Review: DisplayTransform interface update

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

I think that's a perfect description of all the terminology. I'm
thinking a glossary section (front page of webpage?, inside the FAQ?)
would be appropriate.

I'm thinking of naming the class that handles looks,
LookModificationTransform (LMT). This is the terminology the Academy
/ IIF is using, and it would be a nice fit to use the same terminology
inside OpenColorIO.

-- Jeremy

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Malcolm Humphreys
<malcolmh...@...> wrote:
I would think looks would be something separate from views.
Terminology we currently have:
- Transform - functions that transform RGBA data
- ReferenceSpace - a space that connects ColorSpaces
- ColorSpace - a meaningful space that can be transferred to and from the
reference space
- Display - a virtual or physical display device
- View - a meaningful view of the reference space on a Display
- Role - abstract colorspace naming
I would say a Look is a meaningful group of Transforms that can be applied
between the reference space and other transformations to create consistent
creative styles.
.malcolm
On 26/01/2011, at 12:00 PM, Joseph Slomka wrote:

Would the 'view' terminology  be able to encompass your concept of looks? Id
it does then I'm onboard
-Joseph