Re: Review: DisplayTransform interface update

Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...>

I would think looks would be something separate from views.

Terminology we currently have:
- Transform - functions that transform RGBA data
- ReferenceSpace - a space that connects ColorSpaces
- ColorSpace - a meaningful space that can be transferred to and from the reference space
- Display - a virtual or physical display device
- View - a meaningful view of the reference space on a Display
- Role - abstract colorspace naming

I would say a Look is a meaningful group of Transforms that can be applied between the reference space and other transformations to create consistent creative styles.

.malcolm

On 26/01/2011, at 12:00 PM, Joseph Slomka wrote:

Would the 'view' terminology  be able to encompass your concept of looks? Id it does then I'm onboard
-Joseph