Re: New to OCIO, and viewer processes in Nuke

Sean Looper <sean....@...>

Addressing Jeremy's comment, at Imageworks, we've split up the share/nuke/ocionuke/viewer.py contents such that the registering of ViewerProcess nodes happens during the init.py evaluation and the Viewer lut default value is set during the menu.py evaluation.  This was done to prevent the error that occurs during batch mode when opening a script that has a Viewer lut set to an unregistered value.  The nuke.knobDefault function must run within the menu.py evaluation for it to work successfully, hence the split.

-sean

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
The other issue is that the nuke-default ocio config is intended to
work in other applications other than nuke.  And many of  these other
apps dont automatically include a 'none' option by default, the same
way Nuke does.

Do you have concerns about removing the default Nuke 'None' option?
As ben mentions, register_viewers() should be removing all of the
original options.

Alternatively, as a compromise we could place the None option at the
bottom of the list.  Thus, while it would be duplicated in your case
at least the second copy wouldn't be getting in the way of the real
options...

I should also note that at Imageworks, while we of course use
OCIODisplay for our viewer, we dont rely on the public
register_viewers() call to register the nodes.  I forget the exact
reason but it relates to splitting up the registration into two parts
(init.py vs. menu.py) so knob defaults can be appropriate set on
startup.  I'll ping our nuke guru to add further details.

-- Jeremy

Join ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io to automatically receive all group messages.