Re: Got Lut Formats?

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Brainstorming here,

Once this round of internal op optimizations are complete, it may be time to thinking about a simple external OCIO API to allow for 3rd party image processing to plug into OCIO.  This would allow libraries with complex linking requirements to be integrated into OCIO in a manner where 3rd party vendors wouldnt have to worry about the build details.

Formats that would seem particularly well suited to this integration route include:
- Truelight (using the native Truelight library, not the baked 3d lut format)
- ICC
- CTL

For simple transform that dont require pulling in more than a file or two of code, I'd of course prefer to have it all built-in and dependency free.

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 2:02 PM, dbr/Ben <dbr....@...> wrote:
A CTLTransform would be great!

There's a few tickets about formats: