Date

Next steps on communication tools migration and meeting cadence

John Mertic

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Since our next meeting is cancelled due to the holiday, wanted to provide some updates via email

1) Mailing lists

As you probably saw, I have setup the new mailing lists for the project on groups.io. The lists are:

ocio-user@... - General user discussion list
ocio-dev@... - General dev and TSC discussion list
ocio-tsc-private@... - Private TSC discussion list for sensitive matters ( such legal concerns, committer approval, and conduct issues ).

I'd propose the following next steps ( open to your guidance on timing )

- Announce to the existing groups about the migration, driving users to signup to the new lists ( I'd suggest this versus migrating the users over to help pare down any dormant mailing lists subscriptions ). Group members can be redirected to https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-dev or https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-user to sign up to the new lists.
- After a week, send another notice to the group announce a firm shutdown date of the old Google Groups  - suggest another week.
- After the shutdown date - LF IT will migrate the previous Google Groups archives into the groups.io lists.

Let me know thoughts on the proposed.

2) Domain transfer

Larry is working with our team here - Larry let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

3) Code scan

Steve Winslow will be sharing the more detailed report in the coming days. I also wanted to check on where the discussion on moving the dependency artifacts to Nexus lies ( and for that matter what to do about dependencies that are no longer maintained ).

4) Meeting notices and cadence

As mentioned, tomorrow's meeting is CANCELLED. I'm working to get Micheal Dolan the credentials for a OpenColorIO community use account. Once that is setup, I'll work with Micheal to take over the meeting invites going forward. Look for a new meeting notice coming soon.

Let me know if anyone has questions or concerns, or if there is anything I'm missing.

Thank you,

John Mertic
Director of Program Management - Linux Foundation
ASWF, ODPi, R Consortium, and Open Mainframe Project
Schedule time with me at https://calendly.com/jmertic

Re: AllocationVars with GPU path and 1d LUT

Bernard Lefebvre <bernard....@...>

The issue is now fixed. See https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/issues/622

Le lundi 29 octobre 2018 20:19:53 UTC-4, Simon Therriault a écrit :
Hi,

I've been playing around an integration of OCIO using the GPU path (latest code version build 50) and things are going relatively smoothly. There's one problem that I still have though and it's when I compare conversion result to a conversion made in Nuke.

I'm using the Nuke-Default configuration and playing with Linear to SRGB conversion.

colorspaces:
  - !<ColorSpace>
    name: linear
    family: ""
    equalitygroup: ""
    bitdepth: 32f
      Scene-linear, high dynamic range. Used for rendering and compositing.
    isdata: false
    allocation: lg2
    allocationvars: [-15, 6]

  - !<ColorSpace>
    name: sRGB
    family: ""
    equalitygroup: ""
    bitdepth: 32f
      Standard RGB Display Space
    isdata: false
    allocation: uniform
    allocationvars: [-0.125, 1.125]
    to_reference: !<FileTransform> {src: srgb.spi1d, interpolation: linear}

My source image is Marci_512_linear.exr that comes from the reference images. I have applied a Linear to SRGB transform in Nuke and saved an EXR 32 bits uncompressed out of it.

On my side, I have applied the same transform but using the GPU path.

In the hair region, where pixels are well over 1.0, I don't have the same result. My output has clipped to 1.0 and the one from Nuke clipped to 1.25. Samething happens for pixels below 0.0. My result has clipped to 0.0 but in Nuke's output, I can see sub 0.0 values. It looks like the allocation vars aren't taken into account or something.

My shader output looks like this and the language used is HLSL_DX11 :

Texture2D ociolut1d_0;
SamplerState ociolut1d_0Sampler;

float2 ociolut1d_0_computePos(float f)
{
  float dep = min(f, 1.0) * 65535.;
  float2 retVal;
  retVal.y = float(int(dep / 4095.));
  retVal.x = dep - retVal.y * 4095.;
  retVal.x = (retVal.x + 0.5) / 4096.;
  retVal.y = (retVal.y + 0.5) / 17.;
  return retVal;
}

float4 OCIOConvert(in float4 inPixel)
{
  float4 outColor = inPixel;
  outColor.r = ociolut1d_0.Sample(ociolut1d_0Sampler, ociolut1d_0_computePos(outColor.r)).r;
  outColor.g = ociolut1d_0.Sample(ociolut1d_0Sampler, ociolut1d_0_computePos(outColor.g)).g;
  outColor.b = ociolut1d_0.Sample(ociolut1d_0Sampler, ociolut1d_0_computePos(outColor.b)).b;

  return outColor;
}

If anyone ever had that issue, I'll be happy to hear it out :)

Thanks!

Re: pyOCIO Windows compilation error against Python36

Renaud Talon <renau...@...>

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your suggestions, I did look into your diff files but I couldn’t find anything that’s not already added to the current versions of the files.

I got it to compile with Windows 10 / Python 3.6 – Visual Studio 2015, by changing the following line in “pyUtil.h” (line 65):

from :

  #define MOD_INIT(name) PyMODINIT_FUNC EXPORT_SYMBOL PyInit_##name(void)

to:

  #define MOD_INIT(name) EXPORT_SYMBOL PyMODINIT_FUNC PyInit_##name(void)

I did get a warning message though but the compilation process went through and the “.pyd” file was generated.

I’m honestly no C++ expert so I’m not sure if this makes sense but it seems to work. I need to run further testing next week to confirm but so far so good.

Thanks again,

Renaud