Date

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...>

I just pushed a change which switches back to setuptools as the distribute fork has long been merged back into setuptools.

I have also pushed the versions of:
Jinja2-2.7.1.tar.gz
Pygments-1.6.tar.gz
Sphinx-1.2b3.tar.gz
docutils-0.11.tar.gz
setuptools-1.1.6.tar.gz

Let me know if you run into problems.

.malcolm

On 26/09/2013, at 10:24 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...> wrote:
Sorry in the middle of a house move. It was part of the python 3 pull request someone sent. I thought it was a requirement to get it to work with 3. Once I'm back up and running I'm happy to revert it but that will be a few days away.

No hurry, unless 1.0.9 fixes a major bug...

If we're going to bundle something then a (non-beta) version of setuptools would be appropriate but an option to use the system installed version should be available since almost any nix system will already have it.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

[...]

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:

Not sure why distribute was added. I'm very comfortable switching
back if we believe it to be appropriate.

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>
wrote:

Yah, I'm seeing that too. Looks like the docs build target is hosed
for 1.0.9; looking into it...

Can you confirm that everything works, other than the docs?

Jeremy,

Do you know why distribute was added? Looking at upstream it appears to be a
depreciated fork of Setuptools.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.6.49

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

wrote:

[...]

Re: OpenColorIO FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD boxes

"Matteo F. Vescovi" <mfv.d...@...>

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:03:32PM +0200, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:
Gonna check it tomorrow afternoon CET ;-)
Just tested and added a link to buildlog in #318 issue.

Hope it helps, somehow.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi
Debian Maintainer

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
> 2. I got an error here:
> Building CXX object
> src/core_tests/CMakeFiles/ocio_core_tests.dir/__/core/GroupTransform.cpp.o
> -- extracting...
>
> src='/home/build/rpmbuild/OpenColorIO/BUILD/OpenColorIO-1.0.9/ext/distribute-0.6.36.tar.gz'
>
> dst='/home/build/rpmbuild/OpenColorIO/BUILD/OpenColorIO-1.0.9/build/docs/distribute-prefix/src/distribute'
> CMake Error at distribute-stamp/extract-distribute.cmake:11 (message):
>   error: file to extract does not exist:

Yah, I'm seeing that too. Looks like the docs build target is hosed
for 1.0.9; looking into it...

Can you confirm that everything works, other than the docs?

Haven't done any real testing, but the build completes with docs off.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
> Ok, a couple of observations when trying to build for Fedora 19 x86_64
>
> 1. I was using the pull 300 patch which is still open. It looks like parts
> of it were committed, but not all of it. I don't think all the hunks were
> needed...

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not sure what the "pull 300
patch" refers to.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

[...]

Looks like distribute is not part of the archive yet? It's not part of
Fedora either as far as I can tell so I'll have to use the bundled version.

[...]

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/tree/v1.0.9

Will send a link from now on! :)

(Docs are in the process of rebuilding, the website will be updated
momentarily).

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...> wrote:
Guess I got there too quick, don't see it yet on github...

Also, although it's not difficult to find a link would be handy :)

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OpenColorIO FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD boxes

"Matteo F. Vescovi" <mfv.d...@...>

Hi again!

Il giorno 23/set/2013 21:59, "Jeremy Selan" <jeremy...@...> ha scritto:

> We've just put out the 1.0.9 tag. Please see if this fixes things?

Perfect.
Gonna check it tomorrow afternoon CET ;-)

Thanks a lot for the efforts.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi
Debian Maintainer

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

Guess I got there too quick, don't see it yet on github...

Also, although it's not difficult to find a link would be handy :)

Thanks,
Richard

OCIO 1.0.9 released

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

I've just tagged the latest OCIO master as 1.0.9. There had been a
bunch of bugfixes in there, and it had been hurting our distros to not
have a tagged release with the lates.

-- Jeremy

**Version 1.0.9 (Sep 2 2013):**
* CDL cccid supports both named id and index lookups
* ociobakelut / ocioconvert updates
* FreeBSD compile dixes
* FileTransform disk cache allows concurrent disk lookups
* CSP windows fix
* Python 3 support (optional)
* Fix envvar abs/relative path testing
* Can explicitly declare config envvars
* gcc44 compile warning fixes

Re: OpenColorIO FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD boxes

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

We've just put out the 1.0.9 tag. Please see if this fixes things?

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
Oh - on further inspection I see you're compiling against yaml 0.5.1

This is a known issue, being tracked here:
https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/issues/318

-- Jeremy

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Matteo F. Vescovi
<mfv.d...@...> wrote:
Hi!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:03:20AM -0700, Jeremy Selan wrote:
Thanks for this report.

It looks to be a symbol visibility issue related to our use of
yaml-cpp, so this is probably fixable by editing the top-level
CMakeLists file's "USE_EXTERNAL_YAML" section.
Good to know ;-)

I dont have access to a box to test this unfortunately. Would anyone
have access to a compile machine which demonstrates this issue?
Well... I can test it, obviously ;-P
Gonna let you know the results of the build with that parameter set.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi
Debian Maintainer

<mfv.d...@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: Review: Nuke: OCIODisplay now has an implemented GPU path

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Awesome, thanks Sean!

Does anyone on this list have experience working with the Nuke GPU
path? This API is new to us, and we'd love to get some experienced
eyes on this code. :)

-- Jeremy

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Sean Looper <sean....@...> wrote:
Modified CMake to only include this in the Linux builds. Contemplating
implementing the GPU path on the other plugins, as well.

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/328

Here's the specific commit:
https://github.com/slooper/OpenColorIO/commit/a4f9fa8e3183a430cf64b6f8e0b2193bfd71b022

-sean

Re: OpenColorIO FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD boxes

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Thanks for this report.

It looks to be a symbol visibility issue related to our use of
yaml-cpp, so this is probably fixable by editing the top-level
CMakeLists file's "USE_EXTERNAL_YAML" section.

I dont have access to a box to test this unfortunately. Would anyone
have access to a compile machine which demonstrates this issue?

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM, Matteo F. Vescovi <mfv.d...@...> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 05:07:37PM +0200, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:
Now, Debian using kFreeBSD amd64/i386 kernel fails building, as you can
see at [1] (Hurd is another story ;-) ).
UPDATE: a test build on a Debian GNU/kFreeBSD64 porterbox now gives the
results attached in the buildlog file, where fail is probably related to
the recent upgrade to boost 1.54 in Debian.

Hope it could help fixing the issue.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi
Debian Maintainer

Re: Thoughts on layering of multiple config files

Mark Boorer <mark...@...>

Hi,

Apologies for bumping an old discussion, but I'm in looking for a similar set of features to the ones Nathan described, and as the discussion seemed to have fizzled out, I wanted to show my interest.

I would also like to have the OCIO env var behave like the $PATH variable, and be able to override parts of the resolved OCIO::Config in further, subsequent config.ocio files.

As long as each config file was also able to stand alone, the only real roadblock seems to be that the Config object currently holds a context, which looks like it's only used by the FileTransform.

Is it possible to have the FileTransformation instances contain their own context? So if they are overridden later when the next config is loaded, then the new ones will work with the new paths, and the old ones would continue to work with their old paths.

I'm quite interested in getting this functionality, specifically to override roles on a show / shot level, and would be happy to implement the required changes.

Cheers,
Mark

961 - 980 of 2201