Date

Re: Building config.ocio from provided LUTs

Robin Dutta <robin...@...>

I feared as much, but I'm surprised that with all the flexibility and uniformity that OCIO provides, there's no method to share LUTs.

We've asked the vendors to provide their config.ocios along with their LUTs, but they've been unwilling to do so.  All I can figure out so far is the Allocationvars from an spi1d.  I was also hoping that I might be able to figure out the bit depth based off the max number of decimal places their LUT values have, but am not sure if this is a sound approach.  My only other recourse is to have someone make a best guess on the fields which I'm unsure of.

On Friday, November 8, 2013 5:12:02 AM UTC-8, dbr/Ben wrote:
Neither of those can really be determined automatically from the LUT file alone

Determining the interpolation requires visually inspecting the results of the LUT on various images.. but using linear as a default is probably a good approach if you have to

You could potentially determine the bitdepth of the LUT by checking the range of the values (for integer-based LUT formats like 3dl), but not in a general sense - e.g a LUT which stores values as floating point (e.g spi1d I think, or definitely the Cinespace CSP format)

On 07/11/2013, at 12:25 PM, robi...@... wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to OCIO and this forum, and I have what I think is probably a pretty common issue, although after searching for a solution for a couple days, I haven't come up with anything.

My problem is that I am receiving pre-generated LUTs from vendors, mostly in the form of .cube and .spi1d files, and I would like to integrate them into our custom config.ocio.

Is there an established way to extract the required information from these files so I can populate the colorspace definitions in my config?

Most of the fields can be determined, but bitdepth and interpolation are often not defined.  Is there a way to figure this out from the information in the LUT?

Re: Building config.ocio from provided LUTs

dbr/Ben <dbr....@...>

On 07/11/2013, at 12:25 PM, robin...@... wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to OCIO and this forum, and I have what I think is probably a pretty common issue, although after searching for a solution for a couple days, I haven't come up with anything.

My problem is that I am receiving pre-generated LUTs from vendors, mostly in the form of .cube and .spi1d files, and I would like to integrate them into our custom config.ocio.

Is there an established way to extract the required information from these files so I can populate the colorspace definitions in my config?

Most of the fields can be determined, but bitdepth and interpolation are often not defined.  Is there a way to figure this out from the information in the LUT?

Re: Building config.ocio from provided LUTs

Michel Lerenard <micheli...@...>

Hi

as far as I know, no.
'allocation' too cannot be deduced.

The only solution i can think of is having a file attached to the LUT specifying these parameters.

On 11/07/2013 02:55 AM, robin...@... wrote:
[...]

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

Looks like it fixed my problems! Thanks!

I've dropped the patched based on pull request 300 as this version seems to incorporate SOME of the changes. The rest are not needed for linux but can anyone verify that the rest is no longer needed for MSVC 2010?

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...>

Sorry took me ages to get back to this, version v1.0.9 has been tagged again with the doc system changes and the ExponentOp fix is also in there.

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

**Version 1.0.9 (Nov 5 2013):**
   * CDL cccid supports both named id and index lookups
   * ociobakelut / ocioconvert updates
   * FreeBSD compile dixes
   * FileTransform disk cache allows concurrent disk lookups
   * CSP windows fix
   * Python 3 support (optional)
   * Fix envvar abs/relative path testing
   * Can explicitly declare config envvars
   * gcc44 compile warning fixes
   * ExponentOp collapsing fix
   * updated setuptools, docutils, jinja, pigments, sphinx

.malcolm

On 09/10/2013, at 4:33 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...> wrote:
I just pushed a change which switches back to setuptools as the distribute fork has long been merged back into setuptools.

I have also pushed the versions of:
Jinja2-2.7.1.tar.gz
Pygments-1.6.tar.gz
Sphinx-1.2b3.tar.gz
docutils-0.11.tar.gz
setuptools-1.1.6.tar.gz

Let me know if you run into problems.

Thanks... Do we need to tag a new release for this? Or is it possible to retag 1.0.9?

Richard

ExpressionTransform pull request

Mark Boorer <mark...@...>

Hi,

Just wondering if there was any further feedback on my pull request - https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/329 .

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Windows Build

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Excellent, much appreciated!

-- Jeremy

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Marie Fétiveau <m...@...> wrote:
Hello !

OpenColorIO.dll and ociobakelut.exe :
1.0.8
1.0.9
Built with msvc10 on win7 (64 bits).

No time right now to do a full build but I'll try next time I'm on Windows.

++

Marie

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>
wrote:

Does anyone have an OCIO build already made for Windows that they're
willing to share?

Specifically, we're interested most in the OpenColorIO.dll and
ociobakelut.exe, but it would be great to get ALL the command-line
utilities if available.

Thanks!

Re: Windows Build

Marie Fétiveau <m...@...>

Hello !

OpenColorIO.dll and ociobakelut.exe :
Built with msvc10 on win7 (64 bits).

No time right now to do a full build but I'll try next time I'm on Windows.

++

Marie

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 1:54 AM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
Does anyone have an OCIO build already made for Windows that they're
willing to share?

Specifically, we're interested most in the OpenColorIO.dll and
ociobakelut.exe, but it would be great to get ALL the command-line
utilities if available.

Thanks!

Windows Build

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Does anyone have an OCIO build already made for Windows that they're
willing to share?

Specifically, we're interested most in the OpenColorIO.dll and
ociobakelut.exe, but it would be great to get ALL the command-line
utilities if available.

Thanks!

-- Jeremy

Re: ExpressionTransformation for OCIO?

Mark Boorer <mark...@...>

Howdy,

Any further feedback on this?

Cheers,
Mark

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

[...]

On 26/09/2013, at 10:24 PM, Richard Shaw wrote:

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Malcolm Humphreys <malcolmh...@...> wrote:
Sorry in the middle of a house move. It was part of the python 3 pull request someone sent. I thought it was a requirement to get it to work with 3. Once I'm back up and running I'm happy to revert it but that will be a few days away.

No hurry, unless 1.0.9 fixes a major bug...

If we're going to bundle something then a (non-beta) version of setuptools would be appropriate but an option to use the system installed version should be available since almost any nix system will already have it.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

[...]

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:

Not sure why distribute was added. I'm very comfortable switching
back if we believe it to be appropriate.

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>
wrote:

Yah, I'm seeing that too. Looks like the docs build target is hosed
for 1.0.9; looking into it...

Can you confirm that everything works, other than the docs?

Jeremy,

Do you know why distribute was added? Looking at upstream it appears to be a
depreciated fork of Setuptools.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.6.49

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

wrote:

[...]

Re: OpenColorIO FTBFS on GNU/kFreeBSD boxes

"Matteo F. Vescovi" <mfv.d...@...>

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:03:32PM +0200, Matteo F. Vescovi wrote:
Gonna check it tomorrow afternoon CET ;-)
Just tested and added a link to buildlog in #318 issue.

Hope it helps, somehow.

Cheers.

--
Matteo F. Vescovi
Debian Maintainer

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
> 2. I got an error here:
> Building CXX object
> src/core_tests/CMakeFiles/ocio_core_tests.dir/__/core/GroupTransform.cpp.o
> -- extracting...
>
> src='/home/build/rpmbuild/OpenColorIO/BUILD/OpenColorIO-1.0.9/ext/distribute-0.6.36.tar.gz'
>
> dst='/home/build/rpmbuild/OpenColorIO/BUILD/OpenColorIO-1.0.9/build/docs/distribute-prefix/src/distribute'
> CMake Error at distribute-stamp/extract-distribute.cmake:11 (message):
>   error: file to extract does not exist:

Yah, I'm seeing that too. Looks like the docs build target is hosed
for 1.0.9; looking into it...

Can you confirm that everything works, other than the docs?

Haven't done any real testing, but the build completes with docs off.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: OCIO 1.0.9 released

Richard Shaw <hobbe...@...>

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
> Ok, a couple of observations when trying to build for Fedora 19 x86_64
>
> 1. I was using the pull 300 patch which is still open. It looks like parts
> of it were committed, but not all of it. I don't think all the hunks were
> needed...

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I'm not sure what the "pull 300
patch" refers to.

Thanks,
Richard

981 - 1000 of 2233