Date

Re: mari 1.3v2 and ocio

Oliver Farkas <oliver...@...>

ok, thanks Jeremy.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...> wrote:
It's probably likely that createPostFilter didn't make it into the
final rev of Mari 1.3v2. (thats definitely the API call that's needed,
not sure what createPostFilterCollection does).  I will check out mari
version capabilities when I get into work tomorrow, and add more
explicit error messages.

-- Jeremy

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Oliver Farkas <oliver...@...> wrote:
> sorry, I forgot to mention, ocio version is 0.8.3.
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Oliver Farkas <oliver...@...>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Jeremy,
>> i'm trying to get ocio support in Mari (running 1.3v2 now). When I try to
>> run the ociodisplay.py script it throws me this error:
>> "Error: This version of Mari does not support the
>> mari.gl_render.createPostFilter API"
>> I checked the documentation and I could find
>> gl_render.createPostFilterCollection, but no createPostFilter.
>> Is this a version mismatch, or what do you reckon the problem might be?
>> Thanks,
>> Oliver

Re: mari 1.3v2 and ocio

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

wrote:

[...]

Review: Added support for pandora .mga, .m3d luts

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/129

This adds support for pandora .mga, .m3d luts. (.mga files are the
preferred lut format for Apple Color). Also, this removes configs
examples and added addl luts to testdata. The example configurations
are large in size, and this dir was out of date. Rather than including
old, potentially misleading configurations we think it's preferable to
keep the normal config download current.

Example mga files can be found in the testdata/mga.zip file.

-- Jeremy

Review: Mari: updated interface

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Exposed a simple floating ui to control the inputColorSpace. Relies on
the latest API, now taking advantage of 3dlut texture updates.
Requires mari1.3v2a3+

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/128

-- Jeremy

OCIO 0.8.3 released

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

OpenColorIO 0.8.3 has been released. This release has an important
bugfix related to symlink resolution. If you're on a 0.8.x release, I
would recommend updating to 0.8.3 at your earliest convenience.

-- Jeremy

http://opencolorio.org/downloads.html
http://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/issues/124

Version 0.8.3 (June 27 2011):
* OCIO::Config symlink resolution fixed (bugfix)
* Nuke OCIODisplay knobs use string storage (bugfix)
* Makefile cleanup
* Documentation cleanup

Re: Installing OCIO / Mac OS X /

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

Hello!

Sorry for the difficulty installing OCIO w/Nuke support. We're
looking at streamlining the installation process in the next few
months, and Nuke 6.3v? (later this summer) will ship with OCIO +
plugins precompiled, so this wont be an issue much longer.

I am including two scripts you should use on the mac.

USING A SYSTEM-LEVEL OCIO INSTALLATION ON MAC / OSX

* First, make sure your ocio checkout is up to date. Either do a
fresh checkout, or update your existing one.
git fetch --all
git rebase origin/master
(This works if you havent done your own fork.)

* Copy the two files in this email into your ocio checkout dir. Edit
nuke_install.tcsh in your favorite text editor, and edit the first
line so it points at the version of Nuke you are going to use, and run
./nuke_install.tcsh

* edit ./nuke_run.tcsh to also point to the same version of nuke.
Also edit the 'setenv OCIO ...' line to point to the real color
configuration you wish to use. You can then launch nuke on the
command-line using this nuke_run.tcsh script.

You'll see the last script to run nuke is just setting up the
appropriate envvars. You can also move this into a startup location
so it doesnt need to be done every time.

* Within nuke, you'll now have all the OCIO nodes (look in the
Color->OCIO menu). You should also have the OCIO python module
available if needed.

* If you want to register OCIO in the viewer popdowns, in the python panel do:
import ocionuke.viewer
ocionuke.viewer.register_viewers()

You can do this in your ~/.nuke/init.py , if you'd like it to be done
automatically. (We dont do it by default as sometimes people want to
handle this step on their own).

Let me know if you have any issues with these steps.
Good luck!

-- Jeremy

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 3:48 PM, walkerdan1 <walke...@...> wrote:
HI all,

Firstly, pardon my ignorance on the subject but, it's not very clear
to me on how to install/compile the code for OCIO on MAC OS X.

With that said......

I'm trying to install OCIO for Nuke6.2v4 on MAC OS X

cmake-2.8.4 distribution is temporarily located at:
/var/tmp/CMAKE.new/cmake-2.8.4-Darwin-universal/CMake 2.8-4.app/
Contents/

OCIO is installed here.
/var/tmp/OPENCOLORIO.new/imageworks-OpenColorIO-98b1f34

I've tried installing via commandline and I've tried installing via
the CMake 2.8-4 GUI app using XCode as my Generator and Unix makefiles
as well.  All attempts are a no go.

The install docs don't seem to be very helpful, that's why I'm
reaching out.

Any simplified help to a non-C++ programmer, you can offer is greatly
appreciated. :-)

Best,

-Dan Walker

Installing OCIO / Mac OS X /

walkerdan1 <walke...@...>

[...]

Review: Bugfix: OCIODisplay stores enum knob values as strings instead of index

Sean Looper <sean....@...>

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/127

This fixes the case where enum menu items differ between nuke sessions and the index value may not correspond to the appropriate menu item.

Review: symlinks in ocio profiles / lut paths are handled correctly

Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>

https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/pull/126
https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/issues/124

Symlinks in ocio profiles / lut paths are now handled correctly.
Previously, there was incorrect handling of lut paths:

If we had a pair of symlinks
/tmp/ocio/nuke-default/config.ocio -> /my/config/dir/config.ocio
/tmp/ocio/nuke-default/luts/srgb.spi1d -> /my/luts/dir/srgb.spi1d

OCIO would complain that (after appending "luts" to the resolved
config path), "The specified file reference 'srgb.spi1d' could not be
located. The following attempts were made:
/my/config/dir/luts/srgb.spi1d"

This updates the behavior of OCIO, so the 'luts' path is specified
relative to the initial path of the config, not the resolved symlink
path. The resource path code is also updated to support relative
directories using the './' and '../' operators, which was previously
not allowed. The user may also leave resource_path blank, which
specifies a relative path of the same directory the .ocio file is
located.

-- Jeremy