Date

Re: After Effects and Photoshop updates for v2

Michael Dolan

Hi Brendan,

Apologies for the delayed reply. Doug already responded to this point in your other thread, but to further clarify, the "Photoshop and After Effects plugin updates." in the SIGGRAPH presentation were listed on the OCIO v1.1.0 slide, which referred to PR #476 that was merge merged for that release.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Inverting a 3D LUT

Brendan Bolles

Ahh, OK, thanks for the info, Doug.

I guess I'll be submitting another pull request soon to get my v2 plug-ins in there.

Re: Inverting a 3D LUT

Doug Walker

Hi Brendan,

Thanks, glad you like it!   Your understanding of Fast vs. Exact is correct.

Regarding the ability to control this from the public API, we have a PR in progress that will allow you to do that.  We discussed this during the April OCIO v2 working group Zoom meeting (let me know if you'd like to join the v2 working group), but in summary the fast/exact control will be one of the "finalization" options that may be controlled from the public API.  There will also be more control provided over the "optimization" options which control to what degree consecutive ops are merged, etc.  Patrick will be posting a PR for review in another week or so.

(BTW, you had asked last week about the Photoshop/AE plugin bullet point from last year's SIGGRAPH presentation.  I was hoping someone else might jump in on that, but I'm guessing that it was referring to your PR 514, not sure what else it would have been referring to.)

best,

Doug

From: <ocio-dev@...> on behalf of "brendan@..." <brendan@...>
Date: Monday, May 20, 2019 at 2:25 PM
To: "ocio-dev@..." <ocio-dev@...>
Subject: [ocio-dev] Inverting a 3D LUT

I see that v2 has the ability to invert 3D LUTs, very cool!

I also see that you can use Fast or Exact mode for rendering. I guess Fast mode samples a new inverted 3D LUT and renders from that, while Exact mode runs the inversion on each pixel? In my tests I couldn't tell the difference visually.

I don't see a place in the public API to set LutInversionQuality though…

_._,_._,_

custom ocio creation for nuke

Ravindra Korde

Hi All,

I'm trying to create custom ocio file for nuke, with reference of http://opencolorio.org/.
im new at this so any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Inverting a 3D LUT

Brendan Bolles

I see that v2 has the ability to invert 3D LUTs, very cool!

I also see that you can use Fast or Exact mode for rendering. I guess Fast mode samples a new inverted 3D LUT and renders from that, while Exact mode runs the inversion on each pixel? In my tests I couldn't tell the difference visually.

I don't see a place in the public API to set LutInversionQuality though…

Cancelled Event: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly) - Monday, 20 May 2019 #cal-cancelled

ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io Calendar <ocio-dev@...>

Cancelled: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, 20 May 2019
9:30am to 10:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

Organizer:
michdolan@...

Weekly meeting of the OpenColorIO TSC.

Add topics to the meeting agenda.

Meeting notes listed by YYYY-MM-DD.md format at:
https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/tree/master/docs/tsc/meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,924729729# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,924729729# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 729 729
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abo9cwSMxj

After Effects and Photoshop updates for v2

Brendan Bolles

I saw the slides from SIGGRAPH talking about the new features in v2. One of the bullet points was "Photoshop and After Effects plugin updates." Any idea what those updates would be other than using the latest OCIO library with the new GPU API?

I've been moving the plug-ins to the latest library here.

Brendan

Re: Using environment variables/context to point to a colorspace

Michael Dolan

Hi Anthony,

The functionality in PR #477 was released with OCIO 1.1.0, which is included in VFX Reference Platform CY2019. Foundry hasn't gotten Nuke onto CY2019 quite yet. Nuke 11.3v3 ships with OCIO 1.0.9. To answer your other questions:

1) They would be pulling from a release tag (https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/tree/v1.0.9), not from master. Master is OCIO's dev branch.
2) In Nuke's Script Editor, run:

import PyOpenColorIO as OCIO
print OCIO.version

3) Some might. I don't personally.

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019, 8:29 AM , <anthony.kramer@...> wrote:
I've been trying to chase down this feature from the old google group. It looks like it was added (pull #477) but in the current version of Nuke I'm on (11.3v2) it doesn't seem to work. So it brings up a few questions:

1) Does the foundry use the releases from the master OCIO repository on github?
2) If so, how do we know what version of OCIO is in the Nuke release?
3) Are many of you using your own builds to replace the foundry's version packaged with nuke?

Re: Slack invite

Michael Dolan

Anthony, dithermaster, you both have been invited (though dithermaster, you are already on Slack).

On Tue, Apr 23, 2019, 12:43 PM , <dithermaster@...> wrote:
I'd like to be added to Slack workspace too please. dithermaster@...
Thanks!

Re: Slack invite

Dithermaster

anthony.kramer@...

I've been trying to chase down this feature from the old google group. It looks like it was added (pull #477) but in the current version of Nuke I'm on (11.3v2) it doesn't seem to work. So it brings up a few questions:

1) Does the foundry use the releases from the master OCIO repository on github?
2) If so, how do we know what version of OCIO is in the Nuke release?
3) Are many of you using your own builds to replace the foundry's version packaged with nuke?

Re: Slack invite

anthony.kramer@...

I'd like to be added too please

Cancelled Event: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly) - Monday, 22 April 2019 #cal-cancelled

ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io Calendar <ocio-dev@...>

Cancelled: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly)

This event has been cancelled.

When:
Monday, 22 April 2019
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

Organizer:
michdolan@...

Weekly meeting of the OpenColorIO TSC.

Add topics to the meeting agenda.

Meeting notes listed by YYYY-MM-DD.md format at:
https://github.com/imageworks/OpenColorIO/tree/master/docs/tsc/meetings

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,924729729# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,924729729# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 729 729
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abo9cwSMxj

New file uploaded to ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io

ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io Notification <ocio-dev+notification@...>

Hello,

This email message is a notification to let you know that a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the ocio-dev@... group.

File: ocio-dev.mbox

Uploaded By: John Mertic

Archive MBOX file from initial import from Google Groups.

You can access this file at the URL:
https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-dev/files/ocio-dev.mbox

Cheers,
The ASWF Team

Updated Event: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly) - Monday, 25 March 2019 #cal-invite

ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io Calendar <ocio-dev@...>

OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly)

When:
Monday, 25 March 2019
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

Organizer:
michdolan@...

Weekly meeting of the OpenColorIO TSC. Meeting agenda:

* OCIO 1.1.1 Release
* OCIO-Configs license/copyright update
* /ext refactor update
* Google groups archive in GH repo?
* Google groups set to read-only, w/ auto-response
* Rotating PR reviewer

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,924729729# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,924729729# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 729 729
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abo9cwSMxj

Updated Event: OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly) - Monday, 18 March 2019 #cal-invite

ocio-dev@lists.aswf.io Calendar <ocio-dev@...>

OpenColorIO TSC meeting (weekly)

When:
Monday, 18 March 2019
9:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-07:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

Organizer:
michdolan@...

Weekly meeting of the OpenColorIO TSC. Meeting agenda:

* OCIO-Configs license/copyright
* CII badge security tasks
* ext/ refactor investigation
* OCIO 1.1.1 (PR #678, #698)
* Pixel Format discussion (PR #699)
* GH Issue label for ASWF contribution query
* Google groups archive/offline

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/924729729

One tap mobile
+16699006833,,924729729# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,924729729# US (New York)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 877 369 0926 US Toll-free
        +1 855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 924 729 729
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abo9cwSMxj

New OCIO mail lists | REMINDER

Michael Dolan <mich...@...>

Hello again OCIO community,

Many of you have already signed up for the new ocio-user and ocio-dev mail lists on their new aswf.io domain.

There has been some reported trouble with signing up for the new ocio-user list, if you hadn’t already signed up for the new ocio-dev list. The cause of that problem has been resolved, so if you had trouble before, please give it another try.

This is notice that we are planning on closing the ocio-users and ocio-dev Google groups on Monday, March 18 (in a little over a week). Their history will be migrated to the new lists, but their subscribers will not.

If you haven't done so already, and want to stay connected with OpenColorIO news and discussion, please sign up as soon as possible.

To subscribe to the new ocio-user list, follow this link:

https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-user

To subscribe to the new ocio-dev list, follow this link:

https://lists.aswf.io/g/ocio-dev

Thank you for your continued support and interest in OpenColorIO.

Michael Dolan

OpenColorIO TSC Chair

Re: learning materials

Cat Jordan <cdaly...@...>

I'm still trying to figure out how to install it

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:55 PM Yaira Lamela <yai...@...> wrote:

to whom it may concern,

I would like to receive learning materials for ocio

thank you,

Yaira Lamela

learning materials

Yaira Lamela <yai...@...>

to whom it may concern,

I would like to receive learning materials for ocio

thank you,

Yaira Lamela

Re: Building from a source on Linux

Cat Jordan <cdaly...@...>

Hey, thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately Cmake couldn't find the compiler, and neither could I. here was the error I got this time:

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (project):
  No CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER could be found.

  Tell CMake where to find the compiler by setting either the environment
  variable "CXX" or the CMake cache entry CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to the full path
  to the compiler, or to the compiler name if it is in the PATH.

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Patrick Hodoul <patric...@...> wrote:

Here is a concrete Linux example (i.e. easily adaptable to other platforms) on how to download and build OCIO:

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 1:26:58 AM UTC-5, Michael Dolan wrote:
"source/ocio" in the example cmake command needs to be replaced with the path to the OCIO source directory on your machine ("/home/sigi/Downloads/imageworks-OpenColorIO-a4dc9cd" in your case, pictured in your screen grab).

So you should:
1. Create an empty build directory somewhere and cd to it
2. From this directory, run cmake with the command:

cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<where OCIO should be installed> <where the OCIO source lives>
This will configure the project for building within your current directory when you later run "make", and install to the install directory when you then run "make install"

Hope that helps.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 1:56 PM Cat Jordan <cdal...@...> wrote:
Ok, please keep in mind I'm very bad at coding while reading this question.
I'm following the "building from a source" instructions on this page (http://opencolorio.org/installation.html). I made it to "run cmake..." before I got stuck. Here's what I got when i tried to put in the code as is.
"CMake Error: The source directory "/source/ocio" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI."
Using 'sudo' didn't help. when I added " .." o the end I  got this error;
"CMake Error: The source directory "/home/sigi/Downloads" does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt."
I had navigated to the downloads folder at this point because that's where the file in question is.
image.png
Trying to move all these files to tmp/ociobuild didn't help either.
I don't know what I'm doing please help