Date

Re: Error loading lut using environment variables

Simon Björk <bjork...@...>

Thanks Kevin, seems like it would work.

However (if I'm not misunderstanding) this would require all shot luts to be named the same and also be in separate directories? In my case I would prefer to have the luts named shot01.cube, shot02.cube etc and store them in the same directory (i.e /show/luts/shot_luts/).

I guess I can just create a dummy lut if it doesn't exist as a pre launch process.

/Simon

-------------------------------
Simon Björk
Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503

Create a null lut is about the best you can do, combined with the search path you could do

search_path: path/to/${SHOT}:path/to/null

then use a name like "mylut.cube" if you squint hard you can make this do sequence level as well as show wide level, by suitable nesting of directories in search paths.

Kevin

Re: Error loading lut using environment variables

Kevin Wheatley <kevin.j....@...>

Create a null lut is about the best you can do, combined with the search path you could do

search_path: path/to/${SHOT}:path/to/null

then use a name like "mylut.cube" if you squint hard you can make this do sequence level as well as show wide level, by suitable nesting of directories in search paths.

Kevin

Error loading lut using environment variables

Simon Björk <bjork...@...>

I'm trying to add a colorspace that is using a $SHOT env. It all works as expected if the shot lut exist. If the shot lut does not exist an error is thrown:

The specified file reference  '${SHOT}.cube' could not be located. The following attempts were made: D:\ocio_test\luts\sh001.cube

If I start Nuke i get an error saying it can't load the config file.

Is there anyway to get around this (without creating "dummy" luts)? Can if/else statements be used in the config somehow? It would be great if there was a way to skip the colorspace if the evaluated file doesn't exist.

/Simon

-------------------------------
Simon Björk
Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503

Re: Force a refresh of context variables?

Tobias Pfeiffer <pixeld...@...>

Hi guys,
we were forcing Nuke restarts for a long time now just to make OCIO's context work for fresh opened scripts. This is really unconvenient and artist-unfriendly. Thats why I wanted to give fixing that problem a second try.
Im not a fan of using the Viewer Process, because than you are incorporating software specific color transforms that do not properly work in other software packages (Maya, Max, Houdini). Isn't being software agnostic one of the main reasons to use OCIO in the first place?
I fiddled around with the getCurrentContext method Mark outlined aboved and this seems to work quite easily. But how do I get Nuke to recognize that fresh and updated config?
Any tips?
Best,
Tobias

Am Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2014 20:00:50 UTC+1 schrieb Mark Visser:

On Monday, January 13, 2014 6:35:29 PM UTC-5, dbr/Ben wrote:
If you only need a limited set of the env variables, you can set the Nuke node context tab up like so:

Brilliant, I hadn't thought of that. Just stuck that into our viewer process gizmos and it works like charm.

I wasn't aware of the metadata trick, neat.

cheers,
-Mark

Re: ICC Profile color space with XYZ PCS

joshua.a...@...

So...the "input" color space would be XYZ and the "output" would be device color space RGB when using ociobakelut? Is that what you're saying?

Re: ICC Profile color space with XYZ PCS

Brendan Bolles <bre...@...>

On Friday, March 3, 2017 at 4:20:36 PM UTC-8, Joshua Jackson wrote:
Is it possible to use ocio to crest an icc profile that can fully define a color space with XYZ PCS like a classic srgb or adobe rgb profile?  What  getting at is that I've defined a device color space with XYZ conversion matrix, shaper LUT for nonlinear response, all RGB and white chromaticities, flare, etc. for a device and would like to use this as an ICC profile in After Effects to define input footage for color management in AE.

For input footage, I'd recommend using the OCIO plug-in for After Effects. Depending on your parameters, there are many transformations that the current code can not bake into an ICC profile.

Where you will really need profiles in After Effects is for setting up a project working space and display transform. The included PDF shows how you can do it all with the plug-in, but it's pretty cumbersome.

Brendan

Re: ICC Profile color space with XYZ PCS

Joseph Slomka <joseph...@...>

Joshua,
It's not a problem to make a profile work as you envision it. All you need to is make the XYZ PCS space as the linear color space that each colorpspaces transfers to and from.
-Joseph

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:20 PM, <joshua.a...@...> wrote:
Is it possible to use ocio to crest an icc profile that can fully define a color space with XYZ PCS like a classic srgb or adobe rgb profile?  What  getting at is that I've defined a device color space with XYZ conversion matrix, shaper LUT for nonlinear response, all RGB and white chromaticities, flare, etc. for a device and would like to use this as an ICC profile in After Effects to define input footage for color management in AE.

ICC Profile color space with XYZ PCS

joshua.a...@...

Sorry for the bad grammar, I'm attempting to type all of this on a phone...

ICC Profile color space with XYZ PCS

joshua.a...@...

Is it possible to use ocio to crest an icc profile that can fully define a color space with XYZ PCS like a classic srgb or adobe rgb profile? What getting at is that I've defined a device color space with XYZ conversion matrix, shaper LUT for nonlinear response, all RGB and white chromaticities, flare, etc. for a device and would like to use this as an ICC profile in After Effects to define input footage for color management in AE.

Re: ocio2icc - Can I Create An ICC Profile From An Existing 3dl/csp LUT?

mich...@...

I don't have

Re: ocio2icc - Can I Create An ICC Profile From An Existing 3dl/csp LUT?

Sean Cooper <se...@...>

Assuming that you have OCIO compiled, the command line tool "ociobakelut" should fill that need.

ociobakelut --lut <your_lut.3dl> --format icc --description <description> <output_file.icc>

There is an additional optional parameter --whitepoint  which defaults to 6505KA

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:48 AM, <mich...@...> wrote:
Can you do one with it for me. I can pay

Re: ocio2icc - Can I Create An ICC Profile From An Existing 3dl/csp LUT?

mich...@...

Can you do one with it for me. I can pay

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Simon Björk <si...@...>

Thanks Brendan, the new beta worked without any errors. Cheers!

-------------------------------
Simon Björk
Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 1:31:16 AM UTC-8, Simon Björk wrote:
Hi Brendan,

I tried with a few configs (my custom, ACES and Nuke default).

Yep, that's a bug! I've posted a new beta with a fix. Let me know if you find other problems.

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Brendan Bolles <bre...@...>

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 1:31:16 AM UTC-8, Simon Björk wrote:
Hi Brendan,

I tried with a few configs (my custom, ACES and Nuke default).

Yep, that's a bug! I've posted a new beta with a fix. Let me know if you find other problems.

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Simon Björk <si...@...>

Hi Brendan,

I tried with a few configs (my custom, ACES and Nuke default).

Best regards,
Simon

-------------------------------
Simon Björk
Compositor/TD

+46 (0)70-2859503

On Feb 12, 2017, at 2:45 AM, Simon Björk wrote:

> This is great Brendan, thanks a lot! It will save lots of time.
>
> One thing though. How is the Display option supposed to work? When I try to use it I get the following error: Coul not complete the OpenColorIO command becuse DisplayTransform error. Cannot find display colorspace, "..
>
> Maybe I'm missing something? Is Display only for exporting luts?
>
> The Convert option works great though.

Hey Simon, it's supposed to work.  I think this is what we call a bug (you'll notice the plug-in is actually in beta).  Which configuration and settings are you using?

Brendan

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Brendan Bolles <bre...@...>

[...]

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:56:04 PM UTC-8, Sean Cooper wrote:
Looks very interesting! Certainly will make a lot of headaches go away, I'll try and take a gander asap.

Or maybe create some! ;)

I've spent a fair amount of time making Photoshop do this stuff for a few different studios, and it's really a pain in the neck. After jumping through a bunch of hoops I have barely managed to get it to do what I want.

Anyway, at least this plug-in makes it possible to do OCIO operations. I just wish I knew how to make it easier.

Brendan

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Brendan Bolles <bre...@...>

On Monday, February 6, 2017 at 7:56:04 PM UTC-8, Sean Cooper wrote:
Looks very interesting! Certainly will make a lot of headaches go away, I'll try and take a gander asap.

Or maybe create some! ;)

I've spent a fair amount of time making Photoshop do this stuff for a few different studios, and it's really a pain in the neck. After jumping through a bunch of hoops I have barely managed to get it to do what I want.

Anyway, at least this plug-in makes it possible to do OCIO operations. I just wish I knew how to make it easier.

Brendan

Re: Photoshop plug-in

Sean Cooper <se...@...>

Looks very interesting! Certainly will make a lot of headaches go away, I'll try and take a gander asap.

And yes, we will be taking pull requests again.

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Brendan Bolles <bre...@...> wrote:
Hey everyone, I've made an OCIO plug-in for Photoshop. There are download links in this blog post:

I've got the code in my GitHub fork in the "photoshop" branch. It's ready to be merged into the main repo if we ever take pull requests again.

Brendan

Photoshop plug-in

Brendan Bolles <bre...@...>

Hey everyone, I've made an OCIO plug-in for Photoshop. There are download links in this blog post:

http://fnordware.blogspot.com/2017/02/opencolorio-for-photoshop.html

I've got the code in my GitHub fork in the "photoshop" branch. It's ready to be merged into the main repo if we ever take pull requests again.

Brendan

621 - 640 of 2201