Docs editing in github
Jeremy Selan <jeremy...@...>
I just noticed that you can edit any files (in your own forks) directly though github.
(I presume this has been there for awhile, but this it's the first time I have used it).
While editing *code* over the github web interface is probably best avoided, this may be an ideal tool for docs updates.
I.e., if you ever want to update the OCIO webpage or docs:
- log into github
- fork the OCIO codebase (if you havent already)
- create a branch for docs edits
- browse the source tree to the docs folder
- edit and commit to your heart's content
- and then submit a pull request!
No checkout / git needed. Just a web browser.