A new functionality called Limits was recently merged into the master branch on Github. Limits allow users to specify the maximum number of concurrently running frames associated with that Limit. Limits are specified on the Job Layer and all Frames within that Layer are considered to take 1 limit count. Once the total limit count reaches the configured max value, the dispatcher will stop any additional frames from running until a frame with that limit has completed.
This change has been merged into the master branch and will be included in the next release. Please update your installation from source if you'd like to pick up these changes before the next release.
To update your install with this change, you'll need to reinstall all OpenCue components. If you are installing from source be sure to update and recompile the proto files. You will also need to update your database with the latest schema migration. The process for doing this is described here, https://www.opencue.io/docs/other-guides/applying-database-migrations.
Start by configuring a new Limit.
- Open CueGui
- Load "Limits" view from the "Views/Plugins->Cuecommander" menu.
- Click the "Add Limit" button in the Limits view.
- Enter a name for the new limit and press "OK".
- Right click on the newly created limit and select "Edit Max Value".
- Enter the desired maximum number of concurrently running frames for this limit.
Your limit is now configured and ready for use. New submissions will be able select this limit in CueSubmit UI when creating a new job.
Limits can also be added/removed from existing layers by:
- Open CueGui
- Load the "Monitor Jobs" view from the "Views/Plugins->Cuetopia" menu.
- Double click on a job to load its layers.
- Right click on the job you'd like to modify limits for.
- Click "Properties".
- Check/Uncheck limits you'd like enable/disable for this layer.
We plan on adding additional functionality for "limiting by host count" next.
Please reach out on the email group if you have any questions.