Re: Compiling OpenShadingLanguage under Windows

Wormszer <worm...@...>

Mcpp integrated pretty easily with the existing structure. I can send you the project I made for it. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to get it to build on vs with cpp syntax. I think it assumed some other things would be around that are installed with gcc.

I was thinking I might send you a patch first and you can apply it to a clean checkout and see if you hit any issues. Then I can submit it to the osl dev.

I think we are a minority on windows and it might be worth trying it on a second windows machine before saying it works.

I will be back at home tomorrow and will send you the project file.

You could look into the print precision issue I mentioned. I'm hoping that's just a simple fix and possibly the last issue.


On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Oleg <ode...@...> wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

I was trying to use the boost.wave preprocessor, but still have some
troubles to integrate it. I was not able to run any tests so far.
However, I'm still trying :-) Maybe it would be useful if you submit
the project file for the mcpp as well.


On 27 Jan., 06:41, Wormszer <wo...@...> wrote:
I just checked one failed test file output and the error was
I wonder if this is due to different default precision on cout possibly?
That was the only error so I am not sure.

Any ideas?

I guess the printing is being done in the shader, so maybe ill look there at
the printf operator. It was the only value printed using scientific

I imagine the others will probably be something similiar.


On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Wormszer <wo...@...> wrote:
I have made some modifications to to allow for the tests to be
run on windows along with some changes to the cmake files.
I have redone the everything from scratch and have made changes to cmake
and the source that should make it easy to build on windows.
I have some extra instructions for setting up some of the dependencies and
then modified the cmake routines to find the external libraries as they come
from installing and building OIIO.
OIIO cmake routines still need manual help and I may go modify them,
instead of having to add a bunch of paths to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
I can now run the tests as well but only 35% of them pass.
I was hoping that through including the flex and bison outputs in the
project the need for cygwin could be removed, but the testsuite uses diff so
it maybe here to stay.
To get around having to modify every test, and having to parse the command
lines to pull out the output file names and create a stdout to file pipe, i
decieded to write the command to a batch file and have python call that.
This worked except that my install folder is C:\program files (x86)\... and
of course the space was now giving me issues.
So i was able to parse the command strings and wrap them commands in quotes
and then write them to the batch file and run it.
Now of course that wasn't the end of it. The next issue is that windows
uses cr/lf i guess through > even though the output should be writing just
lf, so diff was puking on that.
So on windows the diff command has to take an extra cmd parameter
So now I can run the tests, I will investigate the errors and then should
be ready to submit a patch.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OSL Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to osl...@....
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to osl...@... .
For more options, visit this group at .

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.