Re: Compiling OpenShadingLanguage under Windows

Oleg <ode...@...>

Hi Jeremy,

Sure, you can do it. It would be great.


On 28 Jan., 00:23, Wormszer <wo...@...> wrote:
Mcpp integrated pretty easily with the existing structure. I can send  
you the project I made for it. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to get it to  
build on vs with cpp syntax. I think it assumed some other things  
would be around that are installed with gcc.

I was thinking I might send you a patch first and you can apply it to  
a clean checkout and see if you hit any issues. Then I can submit it  
to the osl dev.

I think we are a minority on windows and it might be worth trying it  
on a second windows machine before saying it works.

I will be back at home tomorrow and will send you the project file.

You could look into the print precision issue I mentioned. I'm hoping  
that's just a simple fix and possibly the last issue.


Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 27, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Oleg <od...@...> wrote:

Hi Jeremy,
I was trying to use the boost.wave preprocessor, but still have some
troubles to integrate it. I was not able to run any tests so far.
However, I'm still trying :-) Maybe it would be useful if you submit
the project file for the mcpp as well.
On 27 Jan., 06:41, Wormszer <wo...@...> wrote:
I just checked one failed test file output and the error was
I wonder if this is due to different default precision on cout  
That was the only error so I am not sure.
Any ideas?
I guess the printing is being done in the shader, so maybe ill look  
there at
the printf operator. It was the only value printed using scientific
I imagine the others will probably be something similiar.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Wormszer <wo...@...>  
I have made some modifications to to allow for the  
tests to be
run on windows along with some changes to the cmake files.
I have redone the everything from scratch and have made changes to  
and the source that should make it easy to build on windows.
I have some extra instructions for setting up some of the  
dependencies and
then modified the cmake routines to find the external libraries as  
they come
from installing and building OIIO.
OIIO cmake routines still need manual help and I may go modify them,
instead of having to add a bunch of paths to CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
I can now run the tests as well but only 35% of them pass.
I was hoping that through including the flex and bison outputs in  
project the need for cygwin could be removed, but the testsuite  
uses diff so
it maybe here to stay.
To get around having to modify every test, and having to parse the  
lines to pull out the output file names and create a stdout to  
file pipe, i
decieded to write the command to a batch file and have python call  
This worked except that my install folder is C:\program files  
(x86)\... and
of course the space was now giving me issues.
So i was able to parse the command strings and wrap them commands  
in quotes
and then write them to the batch file and run it.
Now of course that wasn't the end of it. The next issue is that  
uses cr/lf i guess through > even though the output should be  
writing just
lf, so diff was puking on that.
So on windows the diff command has to take an extra cmd parameter
So now I can run the tests, I will investigate the errors and then  
be ready to submit a patch.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google  
Groups "OSL Developers" group.
To post to this group, send email to osl...@....
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to osl...@...
For more options, visit this group at

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.